Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Demise Of Cell Phone Etiquette

The demise of cell phone etiquette:

What is this shit with the cell phones? Use to be it was impolite to be talking on a phone and talk to others at the same time. And what's this bull shit with the ear phones, walking around appearing to be talking to "yourself" like a escaped mental patient?
I was in a store the other day and this guy was having a heated argument with some body on the fucking phone in the middle of isle 9 for Christ sake.
Did you know the DMV says the safe use of a cell phone when driving a car is to pull over and stop when using the phone? I didn't. So, that's why when driving along from time to time I see a car pulled off the road with it's hood up! That must be it right? I mean, we all observe stop signs and red lights cuz it's the safe way to drive? We wait till the light turns green to go cuz it's the safe way to drive? We basically obey the speed limits cuz it's the safe way to drive right? So it must be people using their cell phone I see pulled over with their hoods up. Yea, I bet putting the hood of the car up acts like a cell phone signal bouncer! It like,.. makes the satellite signal bounce off the hood right into your cell phone for better reception. Yep that's got to be it, I am sure of it.
I feel so relieved. It's good to know that people are actually showing signs of emotional evolution. So I can finally begin to have a little "faith" in people. Yea, I am a real "Doubting Thomas" sometimes. And to think all this time I figured those cars on the side of the road were like, broken down or something. Yikes, I feel so...stupid... I really believed drivers were mainly obeying road signs and red lights because of the consequences they might incur if they didn't. You know, like getting it in the wallet for traffic citations, or worse, gettin hammered. Wow, talk about narrow minded! Have a little faith LooseCanon!
I work in a grocery store and see a lot of people everyday. Maybe this is just more "narrow minded" stereotyping however, it seems to me technology is leading people down a road to some kind of dependency that eventually boils down to stupidity. What ever happened to going to a grocery store with a list and actually shopping? You know, doing product and price comparisons, making independent decisions, obtaining self satisfaction and esteem from the experience? Now days everybody is yakin their jack to some "decision maker" on the other end of the line, and for what? So you don't have to take a hit if you buy the wrong stuff?
Men especially piss me off with this behavior...Come on guys, just how pussy whipped, potty trained, house broken, stuffed and mounted are we going to allow ourselves to get!
Why can't you have the balls to go to the store, buy the shit, take it home, say your welcome, and if you get a bunch of flack, end the bull shit with a bottom line....."If you don't like it, do it yourself next time".
But what really pushes me to the edge is the attitude both sexes are gravitating toward when bull shittin on the phone the same time your talking to me, the working Joe taking your order, providing customer service, trying to make a living, treading water, payin the bills including the god damn cell phone the kids are runnin up to high heaven every month!
One year ago the "norm" was like this: Stand around ten minutes at the counter "chatting" on the horn then hanging up and staring at me like you've been waiting on me the whole time.
Six months ago it's: Wave your finger at me cuz you want some service and after I stand there for two minutes, "Sorry, I've got to get some steak from the meat department, I'll call you back".
Today: Wave your fucking finger at me, continue jackin off on the phone at the same time your talking to me, totally confusing me, yourself, and the fuck your jackin off with, cuz we're all in a three way with you,...ass hole.. a pussy whipped, tekkie dumb fuck, who's never had to manage anything more than pullin your dick out and hitting the center of the toilet bowl. Which you "manage" about fifty percent of the time.
Okay, so I am not completely in the dark here. I mean, I am a reasonably intelligent guy. I realize we are all victims of our own evolution. Ever since we waltzed out of Africa macking on bone marrow a million and a half years ago it became pretty obvious our intellectual evolution was going to far out weigh our emotional evolution. Yea, it's a dog eat dog natural setting here on Earth. What I don't get is why Mankind yesterday and today with all our ability to adapt and change our environment, has so comfortably squatted down and continues to wallow and relish in the "dog eat dog" concept of social value.
After all, we are the lucky ones right? We have the intellect and the means to change the world.
Capitalism, Nationalism, Colonialism, Materialism, Religion, all hell bent on separation and alienation of not only Mankind but of all life kind on the planet.
WHAT?...Am I boring you?....Need to take that call?...Okay, fine....

No comments: