Saturday, April 5, 2008

Computer Fun and Games

Computer fun and games

This is how computers fuck with you, suck up your time, and completely exhaust your energy:
All I wanted to do was post a picture on my profile page of the Hubble Telescope picture of the "merging galaxies".
Actually I didn't even want to do that. This cool chick sent me some pics of some of this kind of stuff and I wanted to return one that I especially like.
I guess she read my "Saturn" blog and figures me for a "space cadet". Who,..me?...Why is it women always peg me so easy and I can't seem to figure them out?.....It doesn't seem...fair....Anyway, I tried you know, to message the "merging galaxies" thing to her, but....damn, I just don't got the knack. So I advised her I'd upload it to my profile pics for awhile so she could check it out.....lame, but what's a poor boy to do?
First, it's a windows bitmap. Try to upload it, "sorry dude no can do". What?....What the hell did they invent windows bitmap if you can't do shit with it?... Got to be a jepg file. Okay fine.... so how do I change it? Only way I know is to put it on a program that makes greeting cards and then export it back as a jepg file. This only takes about a half hour or so to figure out how to do.
I want to put some description about the picture so I add a text box, and enlarge the picture a "little bit". Fine, I save the thing and it's finally done.
I upload it to my site and take a look....The god damn picture looks all fuzzy and shit!....What the fuck?....I figure out how to delete the picture (five minutes) and start over. This time I figure I must of fucked up trying to enlarge "a little bit" so I am going to just leave it the hell alone. Another ten minutes and I upload the "new version"....I check the the picture and its clear as can be....only it's sooooo....fuckinggggg.....smalll....you got to borrow the Hubble Telescope to view the damn thing....Christ,.....I bet I could drive out to the "merging galaxies" and take a better picture with my twenty five buck digital camera and be back before I get this shit right....
Everything I do on a computer is like this.....If you want to get one thing done you got to jump through five hoops. If you...god forbid, want to do two things...pack your bags baby and don't forget to bring extra water cuz....damn, your gone for awhile.
Okay fine...you can laugh,...you can like,.. check my age and smile knowingly,...you can help me out and suggest I buy a "Mac".....Whatever...

No comments: